Translate into any language

Friday, September 14, 2012

Time to Get Real

Just back from an A W E S O M E run.

I was going to write something about it but I decided not to. Yesterday, I had the pleasure of spending time with a woman who was about to have her first chemotherapy treatment. She was explaining why it's so important to her to keep working at her job even through chemo and illness etc.. She said, "There's no cancer at work.". It took me a while to understand what she was talking about... at first I thought she was clarifying a legality; it's against the law to identify an employee as having cancer? Hmm, I wasn't aware of that law but sounds like a good one? It took me a while but I just got it.

One of the best parts about the experience of being out -alone- on a run is what goes on in my mind. My mental state disconnects from my physical state and I experience ideas and thought that I otherwise don't have availability for. It's wonderful.  It's just me, my Sauconys, and my music... and some water. There's no cancer on a run.

Ok, so I did write about running, oops.

Anyway, as I wet my cool short hairdo in the shower... clumps of hair started falling out, and I was like, ok, I better take a picture of this! It's happening! Good-bye hair. I think I might need to shave it before Shabbat to avoid pulling it out during the Sabbath. We shall see.

Next time I write, it's going to be about running.

Time to get real.

No comments:

Post a Comment